This ‘Acid’ is like ‘Gold’ said – Khloe Kardashian
This is like Gold. I love this! – Khloe Kardashian, she is talking about Hyaluronic acid. You’ve probably heard the words hyaluronic acid going around a lot in the past year as it has become an incredibly popular ingredient in the skincare industry.
Although “acid” may sound startling in reference to something you put all over, don’t stress, it doesn’t harm.
A remarkable inverse hyaluronic acid for skin packs a huge amount of skin-boosting benefits, including super dampness!
It’s turned into an inexorably prominent ingredient in serums and lotions for its superpower hydrating and anti-aging abilities.
Want to know more? Here’s 7 ways it can benefit your skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring sugar that’s found in the skin – the human body contains around 15 grams of it which it recycles each day.
- Hyaluronic Acid is classed as a humectant as it’s incredibly hydrating and can hold 1,000 times its own weight in water. This means that it draws water into the skin like a sponge, plumping and restoring firmness.
- As the body ages, our natural production of Hyaluronic Acid slows down which can lead to premature signs of ageing in the skin such as fine lines and wrinkles. Adding Hyaluronic Acid-rich serums and creams into your skincare regime can help to restore plumpness and radiance.
- Hyaluronic Acid comes in low and high molecular weights which can have slightly different results on the skin. Higher weight Hyaluronic Acid molecules are larger in size so will sit on the skin surface and attract moisture from the atmosphere, while lower weight Hyaluronic Acid is a smaller molecule that can penetrate the skin to help plump and hydrate.
- Hyaluronic Acid can also be injected directly into the dermis, or top layer of the skin – a technique used as dermal fillers. This works to fill and plump the skin while providing a temporary improvement in fine lines and wrinkles.
- As Hyaluronic Acid is produced naturally by the body, it doesn’t cause any irritation and is accepted easily by the skin. It’s also very gentle and can be used on all skin types, including sensitive.
- Hyaluronic Acid also has antioxidant properties and can help to protect and shield the skin against free radical damage caused by environmental aggressors such as pollution.
You deserve to enjoy all the hydrating, skin-boosting benefits of hyaluronic acid. Here are some of the best hyaluronic acid products to add as the newest member of your skincare gang today!
This formula contains sodium hyaluronate, which has the same effect as hyaluronic acid on your skin. This brand takes pride in making products using ingredients that are non-toxic and safe for your skin.
2. Clarins Hydra-Essentiel intensive Moisture Quenching Bi-phase Serum:
This bi-phase serum contains kalanchoe extract along with hyaluronic acid, and both are intensely hydrating agents. It revives even the most parched skin.
Whether your skin is oily or dry, it needs proper hydration to look youthful. And this product claims to provide intense hydration for at least 72 hours. This lightweight face moisturizer contains aloe-vera and hyaluronic acid that deliver a matte finish.
You’re now well-versed in how to use hyaluronic acid!
Whether you’re looking for ultra-hydration, diminishing those pesky fine lines, or boosting your skin’s health, Hyaluronic acid has got your back.
But, even if you choose not to add it to your routine, make sure you’re always practicing the skincare that is best for your unique skin!